Tuesday, January 22, 2008

A little late...

The day in Freemont kicked off with a freezing blast of wind to the face... I felt bad for the new juniors who were riding in their only clothes they had, no jackets or vests.

Things warmed up though as the beginer 5's race took off. Tapaley at the front leading his troops and staying out of harms way was said to have taken a top ten finish... not bad...

And then it was finally my turn. Like gitty school girls the crew kitted up. Of course TK and El Gigante already got grease on the white knee warmers. A near wreck during our warm up took us to the mechanics tent for a sliped break cable. Where the words were uttered, "back again?"

El Gigante and I swaped quick words of encouragment on the start line and we were off. And now for an epic poem:

Early breaks were had
The Staz aint so bad
With multiple pros
A Bridge attempt by my bro
The race was coming to an end
TK and Nolan up around the bend
National Champs wheel I was set up on
Ex-Lombardi trying to move me like a pon
As if in a rut
I gave him a headbutt
TK jeffed it
and finished second
I was pipped at the line
The AMD master came from behind
Next week the day will be ours
When we get our new carbon bars
Early breaks will be had
The Staz aint so bad...

TK and I ended up second and fourth if you couldn't get that from the poem and El Gigante and the Staz finished with the pack. Pretty good day considering the past three weeks...

TK is ready to kick the competition to the curb this year

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahah, the staz aint so bad

Chandler said...

Wow. Sweet pic. Who's idea was that again?

And good job racing! You kicked some wheel!